Can Texans get their hands on CBD oil? The short answer is yes but things are not that simple. Here's how to get CBD oil in Texas. With an abundance of CBD shops popping up around the country, you need to know about CBD oil quality and sourcing and vet brands to find the best one for you. Our simple guide will not only make shopping for CBD oil easier, but you’ll also know which brands are the best to go with.
CBD Oil in Texas [The Practical Guide]
This article may contain links to some of our affiliate partners. These are brands we trust and brands we feel represent the highest quality standards. When clicking links, we may earn commissions to help support our site. Learn more by reading our full disclaimer.
They say that everything is bigger in Texas. This is undoubtedly the case for cannabis and hemp law confusion.
We can tell you that cannabis and THC have been illegal in the state since 1931. Texas is taking steps towards creating an MMJ program, but the process will take time to implement.
The Texas Compassionate Use Act allows very limited access to low-THC cannabis oil.
The Texas Compassionate Use Act allows very limited access to low-THC cannabis oil, so technically, the state no longer completely prohibits marijuana.
There is better news about CBD, but it is only a recent development. This article attempts to strip away legal complexities and provide you with an up-to-date assessment of CBD oil legality in Texas.
Is It Legal to Use CBD Products in Texas?
More or less. In June 2019, Governor Abbott signed House Bill 1325. It legalized the cultivation of industrial hemp with a maximum THC level of 0.3%. More pertinently, HB 1325 allowed the possession and sale of hemp-derived products without the approval of a physician. The bill was an essential means of protecting CBD sellers and consumers in Texas.
HB 1325 didn’t expressly say that CBD oil was allowed in Texas in a strictly legal sense. Instead, it relates to hemp products containing a minimal THC level. However, until the new law, Texas was one of the few states that charged people for selling or possessing CBD.
In 2019, 71-year-old Lena Bartula was arrested for possession of CBD at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The unfortunate artist spent a couple of nights in jail and faced a possible 20-year prison sentence. Thankfully, she was freed without charge.
Could I Face Legal Issues for Using CBD Oil in Texas?
For the most part, no. HB 1325 clearly states that Texans can purchase products derived from hemp with a maximum THC of 0.3%. One would hope this makes it easy to buy CBD across the state. Unfortunately, this isn’t necessarily the case. Most Texan counties have no intention of prosecuting possession of CBD oil, though there are exceptions.
One of the most notable is Tarrant County, which says it IS prosecuting CBD oil cases if the substance contains a detectable level of THC. However, the backlog on testing means the county had to drop hundreds of marijuana possession cases. Whether Tarrant County will continue on its quest is unclear.
Realistically though, no Texan county can prosecute someone for possessing hemp-derived CBD oil if it contains less than 0.3% THC.
However, having an up-to-date certificate of analysis (COA) can save you from trouble with the police. In Texas, they can technically arrest you for possession of cannabis while your product is tested for THC content. Given the delays in testing, you could theoretically spend some time in a jail cell. In reality, this is incredibly unlikely. Even so, some Texans may want the security of a COA in case they are stopped and searched.
Where Can I Buy CBD Oil in Texas?
There are plenty of physical stores that sell CBD, and many reputable online CBD brands ship their products directly to the doors of Texan customers. Nothing in Texas law prevents shipping CBD oil to the Lone Star State as long as these products have a maximum of 0.3% THC and come from hemp. We outline 10 of the best CBD brands at the end of this guide.
Here are five stores with stellar reputations that sell CBD oil in Texas, for the record.
Name of Store
3001 Knox St Suite 104, Dallas, TX 75205, United States
CBD American Shaman of Houston Heights
1241 W 11th St, Houston, TX 77008, United States
1345 Industrial St ste b, New Braunfels, TX 78130, United States
Phoenix Vapor Shop
911 W Anderson Ln #112, Austin, TX 78759, United States
VaporFi Houston CBD & Vape
8350 Westheimer Rd E, Houston, TX 77063, United States
What Are Texas’ Marijuana Laws?
In 2015, a Tea Party-backed conservative, David Simpson, surprised many by introducing a bill (HB 2165) to legalize cannabis in Texas fully. He made a religious case for his bill by saying: “I don’t believe that when God made marijuana, he made a mistake the government needs to fix.” Alas, HB 2165 didn’t receive enough support to make it out of the House.
In the same year, Governor Greg Abbott signed Senate Bill 339, also called the Texas Compassionate Use Act. It is so limited that it is not classified as a real MMJ program. It only permits low THC cannabis for individuals with intractable epilepsy and a handful of other conditions. The program has expanded to include other conditions such as:
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disease
As per the Texas state legislature, “low-THC cannabis” is defined as:
“…any part of [the Cannabis sativa L. plant] or any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, preparation, resin, or oil of that plant that contains:
- Not more than 0.5 percent by weight of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); and
- Not less than 10 percent by weight of cannabidiol (CBD).”
SB 339 effectively only allowed for CBD oil usage. The 2018 Farm Bill allows the cultivation of industrial hemp with a maximum of 0.3% THC. MMJ patients in Texas could only use products with 0.5% THC. The difference was hardly worth the extra effort.
A Minor Improvement
There has been a recent change to the MMJ law in Texas. House Bill 1535 came into effect in September 2021 and expanded the Compassionate Use Program. The maximum THC limit is now 1%, and individuals with any form of cancer or PTSD are eligible. While legislators in the House agreed to increase the THC limit to 5%, the Senate reduced it to 1%.
Therefore, it is still a case where people seeking MMJ in Texas are unlikely to proceed when they can get CBD oil relatively easily.
Tell the good from the bad…
In Texas, you must consult a doctor to use cannabis oil with up to 1% THC. If the doctor provides approval, you need to see a second physician. They must agree with the first one before you are added to the Compassionate Use Registry in Texas.
Also, patients must have tried at least two other medications that didn’t provide relief before applying for low-THC cannabis.
Thanks to HB 1325, getting CBD in Texas is pretty easy these days. There is no need to see a physician if you want CBD oil with 0.3% THC or less.
Marijuana Penalties in Texas
Unless you become a registered patient under the Texas Compassionate Act, you cannot consume CBD from marijuana. The possession of any amount is a misdemeanor and could result in a 180-day jail sentence. Indeed, the possession of over four ounces is a felony.
Growing up to 7 grams is a misdemeanor with a penalty of up to 180 days if cultivated for no remuneration. Otherwise, the crime could see you spend up to a year in prison. Growing more than this amount is a felony.
If charged with a cannabis offense, it is based on a substance’s entire weight, including adulterants and diluents.
If charged with a cannabis offense in Texas, it is based on a substance’s entire weight, including adulterants and diluents. Therefore, if you have a batch of marijuana brownies that weighs over five pounds, you could get charged with a first-degree felony and spend up to 10 years in prison. Also, if you share them with your friends, you could get an additional sentence for distributing an illegal drug!
Certain counties and municipalities have decriminalized cannabis, however. Check your local laws for more information.
Confusion Still Reigns
For years, residents of Texas were confused over whether CBD oil was legal in the state. The Farm Bill legalized hemp growing but not cannabinoids such as CBD.
In June 2019, Governor Abbott alleviated the confusion by signing HB 1325. At the time, Abbott said the bill didn’t mean cannabis would soon become legal. However, it may have unintentionally decriminalized the plant. Law enforcement has no reliable means of distinguishing between marijuana and hemp.
The bill ensures that testing is necessary to guarantee legal CBD oil. However, the requisite equipment is costly, and state labs have a huge backlog. Police officers don’t have the training to differentiate between hemp and weed. Therefore, there are many cases of wrongful arrests.
On the plus side, the state has also dropped or delayed hundreds of marijuana possession-related criminal offenses.
Final Thoughts on CBD Oil in Texas
Texas remains a state that has not acknowledged the possible therapeutic potential of cannabis. At present, the state only allows qualifying patients access to low-THC oil, capped at 1%. Also, only a handful of dispensaries can sell the low-THC/high-CBD oil as defined by the Texas Compassionate Use Act.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a resident of Texas.
- Have a qualifying condition.
- Have not responded to a minimum of two FDA-approved medications for these conditions.
- Receive approval from two separate doctors.
Fortunately, HB 1325 now permits residents to access hemp-derived CBD products with a maximum THC content of 0.3%. As a result, there is little point in getting medical CBD oil in Texas.
Thanks to this legislation, countless Texans can now purchase CBD products. There are hundreds of stores throughout the state, but you can also order the best CBD oil online.
What To Look For In CBD Oil Sourcing, According To Experts
Dr. Bindiya Gandhi is an integrative medicine physician with expertise in functional and holistic medicine based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Commissions we earn from partner links on this page do not affect our opinions or evaluations. Our editorial content is based on thorough research and guidance from the Forbes Health Advisory Board.
Table of Contents
- CBD Oil Sourcing: Why It Matters
- What to Look for When Shopping for CBD Oil
- How to Find a High-Quality CBD Brand
With so many CBD shops popping up, it’s easy to step into the nearest store and grab whatever product you see first. But CBD, or cannabidiol, is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and quality can vary dramatically between brands and products.
Here’s what you need to know about CBD oil quality and sourcing and vetting CBD brands to find the best one for you.
Partner Offers feature brands who paid Forbes Health to appear at the top of our list. While this may influence where their products or services appear on our site, it in no way affects our ratings, which are based on thorough research, solid methodologies and expert advice. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services
Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil
Charlotte’s Web CBD Oil
- Approx. 60mg of CBD per 1-milliliter serving
- Certified organic, USA grown and U.S. Hemp Authority Certified
- Full-spectrum CBD oil is derived from premium hemp extract
CBD Oil Sourcing: Why It Matters
“Knowing the source of the hemp used in making a CBD product is important because it gives you insight into [a variety of components],” says Vanessa Niles, M.D., a medical cannabis expert at Heally, a telehealth platform for alternative medicine based in New York. Source information can indicate whether the hemp is sustainably farmed; organic; contains pesticides, heavy metals or other fertilizer chemicals; and has been tested by a third-party laboratory.
“Harmful additives can undermine the quality and safety of CBD oil,” says Dr. Niles. For instance, hemp plants treated with nonorganic chemicals can create a bitter taste. Even worse, you may end up ingesting those chemicals in the final product in harmful amounts, which can result in serious health conditions, such as kidney damage and cancer.
Variability in quality and lack of regulation in the CBD market ultimately affect how consumers feel about the cannabinoid. In fact, 21% of U.S. adults think CBD should still be deemed illegal and 19% remain on the fence with this issue, according to a recent Forbes Health survey of 2,000 U.S. adults conducted by OnePoll.
You May Also Be Interested In CBD Oils From Our Featured Partner
Isolate CBD Oil
On Medterra’s Website
500mg,1000mg, 3000mg, 6000mg
True Full Spectrum™ CBD Oil
On Medterra’s Website
750mg,1500mg, 3000mg, 6000mg
Chocolate Mint, Citrus
Ultra Broad Spectrum™ CBD Oil
On Medterra’s Website
Citrus, Strawberry Mint, Unflavored
Immune Boost CBD Oil
On Medterra’s Website
On Medterra’s Website
What to Look for When Shopping for CBD Oil
Here are a few important factors to look into when buying CBD oil.
A Certificate of Analysis (COA)
A COA detail compounds found in a CBD product. Sometimes, you can easily find a product’s COA on the company’s website. If not, the company may send you a copy if you request one.
If a company doesn’t have a COA or won’t send you one, consider it a red flag. At best, it indicates a lack of transparency. Worst case scenario, the company isn’t testing the safety or validity of its products, or it received problematic results that it doesn’t want to publish.
According to Steven Phan, founder of Come Back Daily, a CBD dispensary in New York City, trustworthy COAs should feature at least three panels:
- The cannabinoid analysis, which indicates the weight and concentration of the cannabinoids found in the product.
- The heavy metals analysis, which indicates the levels of heavy metals like cadmium, lead, arsenic and mercury found in the product. High or extended exposure to heavy metals can result in severe health issues, including kidney damage. Anything more than 0.001 mg/mL of cadmium, 0.003 mg/mL of lead and 0.0001 mg/mL of mercury would be considered problematic.
- The pesticides analysis, which measures traces of the substances used to protect plants during the farming process. Exposure to pesticides can result in weakened immunity, hormone disruption and liver toxicity. In children, parental exposure to pesticides may also cause cancer and birth defects. There are dozens of pesticide chemicals used in agriculture, but some examples of chemical levels to avoid are 40 parts per million (ppm) of cypermethrin and 7ppm of ethylene oxide.
“The easiest red flag is when companies just have a cannabinoid panel, because they’re choosing to not spend the extra money to be transparent with their customers,” says Phan.
A COA may also include contents like terpenes (organic compounds associated with cannabis aromas), mycotoxins (mold toxins) and residual solvents (organic volatile chemicals).
The use of a third-party laboratory for product testing is another important aspect of a COA and a company’s trustworthiness. Results are more likely to be accurate and unbiased with third-party testing. You may also want to research the third-party lab itself to ensure it’s also a trustworthy and qualified entity.
A Short, U.S.-Grown Ingredient List
Unless you’re buying pure CBD oil (called CBD isolate), you’re likely ingesting other cannabinoids and compounds called terpenes in products labeled “broad spectrum CBD” and “full spectrum CBD,” the latter of which includes small traces of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). When several cannabinoids are present together, they can produce a mutual enhancement called the “entourage effect,” which can increase the product’s overall wellness benefits.
Common cannabinoids—in addition to CBD and THC—include cannabigerol (CBG), cannabichromene (CBC), cannabidivarin (CBDV) and cannabinol (CBN).
Common terpenes include limonene (known for its citrusy, sweet and tart flavor), pinene (known for its piney flavor) and sabinene (known for its woody, citrusy and spicy flavor).
Generally, CBD oil is mixed with an inert carrier oil. The most popular carrier oil is medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, which is often found in coconuts. MCT oil is easily digestible and has anti-inflammatory properties that boost its overall wellness benefits. You can also find CBD oil mixed with almond oil, sunflower oil, olive oil or vegetable oil, giving you more options to find what works best for you.
Organic, Non-GMO, Vegan and Gluten-Free
Organic CBD oil is free of synthetic chemicals like certain pesticides. In order to claim a product is organic, a company or part of its operations must be Certified Organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Not all CBD companies provide USDA Certified Organic products, and some may claim select ingredients are organic when a product as a whole isn’t certified. You can see which CBD oil companies are Certified Organic on the USDA website.
Non-GMO CBD oil comes from hemp plants that aren’t genetically altered through external intervention. The non-GMO (genetically modified organism) designation is verified by the Non-GMO Project, a nonprofit organization. Many CBD brands claim to provide non-GMO products without official verification. Ask for more information regarding where their hemp plants come from to be sure.
Vegan CBD oil is easy to find since CBD comes from the hemp plant and animal products aren’t used to extract the oils or create tinctures. It gets tricky, however, when CBD oil is incorporated into products like edibles, which may contain gelatin or dairy.
Gluten-free CBD oil is also common but not guaranteed, as some hemp plants are grown around other crops that contain gluten. Tinctures, capsules and topical products are usually gluten-free while CBD edibles like gummies are more likely to contain gluten. If you have a gluten allergy, check the ingredients list and sourcing information of any CBD product you buy.
CBD Oil for Sale: Where to Buy CBD Oil Online
Our simple guide will not only make shopping for CBD oil easier, but you’ll also know which brands are the best to go with.
When it comes to CBD oil, there’s no shortage of brands to choose from. And if you’re new to the world of CBD, then you’re most likely wondering where to begin in your search to find the best CBD oils for your health needs and wellness goals. There are many different places to purchase CBD oils from. While it may be quick and convenient to travel to the local brick-and-mortar store near you, you might not receive answers to all of the questions you have while you’re there. In reality, shopping for CBD oil online affords you the time and space to thoroughly research both the brand and the product while also learning how you can best use CBD oil to help advance your wellness goals.
Our guide to where to buy CBD oil will not only teach you how to look at different brands online, but we’ll also give you our top ten picks for where to purchase CBD oils online. Moreover, you’ll also learn some important facts about CBD along the way.
Top 10 CBD Oils for Sale in 2022
While there are quite a few reputable brands out on the market today, there are also a lot of bad brands that cut corners and sell products that are laden with harmful chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and solvents. A key fact to remember here is that not all CBD brands and products are created equal. That’s why it’s important to spend some time researching both the product as well as the brand.
We placed careful time and consideration into choosing our top ten brands. We thoroughly researched each brand and its products by holding them up to a set of strict criteria that we consider to be necessary industry standards. Our top ten brands for CBD oils to buy online are as follows:
— Editor’s Pick — Best Variety — Best CBD Oil Flavor — Best Full-Spectrum Oil — Most Affordable — Interesting Variety — Most Flavor Options — Broad Spectrum and Isolate Oils — Most Potent — Sustainably Made
These top ten brands stood up to the test and passed our tough standards with flying colors. Not only are all of these brands reputable and well-known throughout the CBD industry, but they also care about what goes into their products and want to give their customers the best experience possible.
How We Choose The Brands of CBD Oil for Sale
Ahead of writing our guide, we knew that we needed to come up with a comprehensive list of some of the best brands in the CBD industry. Our list grew long as we continued listing brands because we dedicated an incredible amount of time looking into a defined set of indicators. According to what we discovered, we then cut down our list until only a few brands were left.
Criteria We Needed to Find in a CBD Oil Brand:
While we were narrowing down our list, we scrutinized each brand’s products for:
- Therapeutic benefits . We wanted to see how each brand’s CBD oils were helping to tackle issues stemming from difficult health conditions.
- Hemp source . It was important to us that we spent time researching where each brand sourced its hemp from and that the hemp was clean, pure, and that it was not grown using any herbicides, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals.
- What the brands’ processing facilities were like and if they adhered to FDA guidelines.
- Whether the brand creates broad-spectrum, full-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The THC levels that were in the brands’ final products.
- If the brand used an independent third-party lab to regularly test its products for purity and potency, and if the brand made those reports readily available to customers on its website or by other means.
- Whether the usage and dosage instructions that the brand gives to its customers are clear, concise, and easy to follow.
- The brand’s reputation as confirmed by verified customer reviews and industry experts.
- If the brand seeks to educate its customers and those who are looking to learn more about CBD by discussing what it is, how it works in the body, what its benefits are, etc. through blogs, educational posts, and more.
Buy CBD Oil From Trusted Brands in 2022
#1 FAB CBD — Editor’s Pick
FAB CBD burst onto the scene in 2017 and has since become one of the most trusted and reputable brands in the industry. The brand cares about transparency, positive customer service, creating top-shelf products, and helping customers to achieve their very best health. Loyal FAB CBD customers love the brand because it’s trustworthy, transparent, and caring. Since its inception, the brand’s mission has always been to craft high-quality CBD and nutritional products so that customers can live a preventative wellness lifestyle.
The team at FAB CBD brings the brand’s mission to life every day through the formulation of the cleanest, most potent, most effective CBD products in the industry. Thanks to verified customer reviews, new customers can see how FAB CBD’s products have successfully helped long-standing clients. Moreover, curious shoppers can also read about the brand’s caring and kind customer service department. It was for these reasons, along with many others, that we selected FAB CBD as our number one brand.
- Highlights — FAB CBD shines above all the rest because of its amazing products, caring customer service department, and strong belief in transparency. In an industry that’s flooded with CBD brands, FAB CBD rises to the top because of the brand’s warm and empathetic nature, can-do attitude, constant innovation, and highly-rated products.
- Hemp Sources — The brand’s top-shelf extracts are created from organic Colorado hemp that’s free from herbicides, pesticides, solvents, and other dangerous chemicals. FAB CBD uses state-of-the-art growing and cloning equipment as well as the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to ensure that all of its extracts are pure and potent.
- About FAB CBD Oil — FAB CBD’s full-spectrum CBD oils come in a variety of strengths including 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg, and in bright and tasty natural flavors like vanilla, mint, berry, citrus, and natural.
- Lab Testing — Since the brand prides itself on transparency, all of its products are regularly tested by ProVerde Labs, an independent third-party lab, for potency and purity. Those reports are then published on the FAB CBD website where customers can easily find them.
- Customer Service — FAB CBD has an award-winning customer service department that truly cares about the questions, concerns, and needs of its customers.
- Pros — The brand is very hands-on in the creation of all its products. In fact, FAB CBD is involved from seed to sale. All of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are made from quality organic sources so that all final products are clean, potent, and pure. Finally, when we measured up FAB CBD’s prices to other brands, we found that the prices were on point and that they reflected all of the quality ingredients and innovative methods that went into making the CBD oils.
- Cons — The brand does not offer international shipping.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — We had zero reservations about naming FAB CBD as our top pick for the best place to buy CBD oil. The brand stands out above all the rest because of its focus on transparency, customer service, high-quality product creation, and customer service, among others. To that end, the team at FAB CBD works day and night to bring its customers the most cutting-edge, clean, effective, and potent CBD oils on the market so that they can meet and exceed all of their wellness needs.
#2 cbdMD — Best Variety
cbdMD’s mission is to enhance the quality of life of its customers while educating and bringing awareness to them on the benefits of CBD. The brand also seeks to make CBD accessible to everyone through industry innovation, premium product selection, and a top-notch customer service department. cbdMD creates broad-spectrum, THC-free products. According to the brand’s website, all of the THC content is undetectable because it’s at the lowest levels that can be detected using scientific analytical tools.
The brand strives to provide alternative options to anyone who is looking to better their daily wellness. cbdMD has worked with world-class athletes, world-renowned brands, and everyone else in between to help as many people as they could experience the positive results of broad-spectrum CBD oils. cbdMD adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP), which confirms that its products are created according to the highest standards. To that end, the brand also uses an independent third-party lab to test its products for potency and purity.
- Highlights — cbdMD uses its own special process to make its broad spectrum oils. Because of this, the brand’s tinctures have some of the same benefits as full-spectrum oils, but without THC. cbdMD has a customer service department that’s dedicated to helping customers find the answers they’re looking for. The brand also has a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Hemp Sources — All of cbdMD’s premium hemp is sourced from farms in Kentucky and Colorado. It’s then processed through the brand’s state-of-the-art labs and production facilities.
- About The CBD Oil — cbdMD’s broad spectrum oils come in strengths of 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, 5000mg, 7500mg, and in flavors of natural, berry, orange, and mint. All of the extracts are obtained using the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent third-party lab to routinely test all of its products. Those results can be accessed by clicking the COA tab on the product page.
- Customer Service — cbdMD’s customer service department works hard to make sure that all of its customers’ questions and concerns are properly and thoroughly addressed.
- Pros — cbdMD cares about customers and the quality of the CBD oils that it creates. The brand is very involved in every step of the process and believes strongly in being transparent. The brand is committed to making CBD more affordable to veterans and those who are on disability. To that end, it offers a 30% discount to veterans and a 40% discount to disabled customers as part of its CBD Assistance Program.
- Cons — The brand only offers broad-spectrum products, as no full-spectrum products are available. The brand also doesn’t offer international shipping.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — The brand is praised by its customers for having effective, clean, and potent oils with a pleasing taste. cbdMD maintains a high level of professionalism throughout the entire operation. The brand’s prices are fairly affordable and they also offer free shipping on all of its orders. The fact that cbdMD offers discounts to veterans and the disabled are also a huge positive.
#3 Populum — Best CBD Oil Flavor
Populum has always been on a mission to give customers the very best CBD experience through the potent and pure products they make. The brand has strong beliefs when it comes to being transparent, making high-quality products, and having a strong customer service department. Populum has made it its mission to reinvent the face of modern self-care through the creation of its premium CBD oils.
The brand first came onto the CBD scene in 2016. Populum’s founder Gunhee Park grew up in South Korea where he was taught how to holistically heal his mind, body, and skin through the use of natural herbs and other remedies. Park’s desire to bring CBD into the forefront stems from his difficult childhood health issues. He also has a life-long passion for plant-based supplementation. Through his adulthood, he learned that CBD has many beneficial healing properties that can calm tough health issues and the problems that they cause. Because of that, Park created Populum with a mission to educate the masses about CBD while creating premium products that help support customers’ wellness needs and goals.
- Highlights — Populum is located in Arizona and in Omaha, Nebraska. According to the brand, it’s served over 25,000 customers thus far. Populum creates a wide variety of full-spectrum CBD oils, topicals, capsules, edibles, and pet products. What makes Populum unique is that it triple-tests all of its products through an independent laboratory. Those reports are then inserted into every customer order. The brand believes in transparency and in educating its customers. Populum has a strong customer service department that also offers live customer support and educational materials.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp is grown on its farm in Colorado. Populum obtains all of its extracts through the industry preferred CO2 extraction process. Those extracts are then tested once by the brand and then twice more by a third-party lab. As we stated earlier, those reports are then included in every customer’s order.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand’s full-spectrum tincture comes in 250mg, 500mg, 1000mg, and 2000mg. Customers also rave about Populum’s award-winning orange flavor for all of its oils.
- Lab Testing — The brand triple-tests all of its products through an independent third-party lab and then also sends copies of reports out with every product that is ordered.
- Customer Service — The brand wants to make sure that all of its customers are able to get in touch with them. To that end, customers can contact Populum through email, phone, and live chat. Verified customer reviews attest to the fact that the brand’s customer service department is responsive and helpful.
- Pros — Potent and effective oils. Also, customers enjoy the flavor of the brand’s oils. Populum has stringent testing standards and uses high-quality ingredients to craft all of its full-spectrum oils.
- Cons — Fairly expensive products.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — The brand cares about its customers, and it shows in the many options that customers have to get in touch with Populum. Transparency is highly valued by the brand as well. Moreover, Populum’s oils are potent and pure. Finally, the brand strives to give every customer a copy of third-party lab reports by sending them in with every order.
#4 PlusCBD — Best Full-Spectrum Oil
PlusCBD was founded in 2012 and has since become an industry pioneer. The brand has dedicated itself to creating safe, effective, pure hemp-derived CBD oils. To that end, everyone at PlusCBD works hard to change what legalized hemp-based CBD products look like in the industry. PlusCBD strives to draw awareness to the hemp plant and seeks to help CBD products made from hemp become more accepted in the world.
Along with all of our other reputable brands, PlusCBD pushes hard to make sure it’s transparent on every level. To that end, it regularly tests all of its CBD products for potency and purity using an independent third-party lab. The brand is also involved in the creation process from seed to sale. PlusCBD is also on a mission to improve the health and wellness of everyone who uses its products through education, science, and innovation.
- Highlights — The brand uses organic agricultural hemp to obtain its extracts. PlusCBD makes full-spectrum sprays and oil drops in strengths of 100mg and 500mg, and in peppermint and unflavored options.
- Source of Hemp —PlusCBD’s extracts and ingredients hail from EU-certified hemp that’s been cultivated by experienced farmers with knowledge of how to best grow organic hemp. The brand doesn’t use any pesticides, herbicides, or other chemicals in the growing of its hemp. PlusCBD also uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand crafts CBD sprays in strengths of 100mg and 500mg, 500mg maximum strength PlusCBD Drops, 250mg PlusCBD Drops, and 500mg PlusCBD Drops.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent third-party lab to test all of its products for purity and potency. Those results are then published on the brand’s website where customers can easily find them.
- Customer Service — Not much is known about the brand’s customer service department. However, it is open Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm PST.
- Pros — The brand incorporates whole plant extracts in all of its products. Verified Customer reviews confirm the popularity of the brand’s oil flavoring. Customers also state that PlusCBD’s oils help them with energy and focus issues.
- Cons — The pricing on the oils is a touch expensive, and the brand’s hemp is sourced overseas where the standards and regulations are different from those in the United States.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — While PlusCBD does have a strong reputation, the brand does lack product variety. PlusCBD cares about transparency and customers seem to love the flavor of the brand’s full-spectrum oils.
#5 MedTerra — Most Affordable
MedTerra was started by a group of passionate CBD-loving individuals who believe in the power of CBD products. The brand also believes that everyone should have access to CBD products if they need them. The goal of MedTerra is to deliver quality CBD products at an affordable price. In order to do this, the brand is involved in the creation process from seed to sale.
MedTerra’s industrial hemp is grown and extracted according to the stringent guidelines set forth by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. To that end, every product must be routinely tested by a third party for consistency and quality. The brand is in a partnership with the Hemp Pilot Research Program and is, therefore, able to serve customers in all 50 states and most international countries. MedTerra’s team of experts and partners dedicate their lives to industrial farming methodologies, vegetable genetics, food-grade compound extraction, and quality control, among other things.
- Highlights — MedTerra is committed to doing things in a sustainable manner. The brand also aims to keep all of its products within an affordable price range. MedTerra believes in transparency and works to make all of its products effective and clean through using synergistic ingredients.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s organically-grown, non-GMO hemp comes from Kentucky. In fact, MedTerra was one of the first brands to receive the US Hemp Authority Certified Seal in March of 2019.
- About The CBD Oil — MedTerra creates full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate CBD oil drops. All of its hemp extracts are obtained using the industry preferred CO2 extraction method.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent third-party lab to test all of its products for quality and consistency. These reports can be downloaded by product batch through the “Certificates of Analysis” link at the bottom of the MedTerra website.
- Customer Service — MedTerra’s customer service department is knowledgeable, responsive to customers’ needs, and is very helpful.
- Pros — MedTerra has a choice of product variety in full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate oils. The brand also offers a large number of flavor and potency options for its oils. MedTerra has a 30-day, money-back guarantee, and a US Hemp Authority Certified Seal.
- Cons — It doesn’t appear that the brand ships its products to overseas customers.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — MedTerra is one of the few brands on the market that offers three varieties of CBD oils. They give customers with a broad range of needs the option to choose from full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate oils. The brand is committed to product quality, and also has a customer service department that’s highly responsive to customers’ questions and concerns. Lastly, MedTerra’s products are priced accordingly and are fairly affordable.
#6 CBDistillery — Interesting Variety
A group of CBD-loving Colorado natives founded CBDistillery back in 2016. Those who founded the brand did not like the fact that CBD was costly and that not many were able to afford it. They also didn’t like the fact that the CBD market was inundated with lesser-quality brands that produced poorly crafted products that were laden with harmful pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and other chemicals.
According to the brand’s website, it’s one of the “largest, affordable, and fastest-growing brands in today’s CBD industry.” CBDistillery works overtime to make sure the world is educated about CBD through its social media presence by using hashtags to talk about the “CBD Movement”.
- Highlights — CBDistillery’s non-GMO hemp is grown and harvested in Colorado. The brand cares deeply about its product creation processes, transparency, and the experiences its customers are having with its products, its website, and through its customer service department. Like MedTerra, CBDistillery is also certified through the US Hemp Authority Certification Program.
- Source of Hemp — CBDistillery’s hemp is grown and harvested in Colorado. The hemp is free from herbicides, pesticides, and other dangerous chemicals.
- About The CBD Oil — CBDistillery offers full-spectrum drops that range from 500mg to 5000mg per bottle. The brand’s broad spectrum tinctures range from 500mg to 2500mg. Finally, CBDistillery also offers a CBD isolate option for those who prefer this variety.
- Lab Testing — Like FAB CBD, ProVerde Labs is also the go-to independent third-party lab for CBDistillery. All of the brand’s products are routinely tested for potency and purity, and those reports are then published on every one of its product pages on CBDistillery’s website. A copy of the lab reports is also available by scanning the product’s QR code with your smartphone.
- Customer Service — CBDistillery’s customer service department cares about its customers’ experiences, questions, and concerns. In light of that, they work hard to fully respond to each of its customers who contact the brand.
- Pros — CBDistillery makes it easy for its customers to obtain a copy of its third-party lab reports. The brand also offers veterans, low-income individuals, and the disabled special cost-saving programs so that they can have access to CBD products. The brand offers fairly affordable products in a unique variety that customers can choose from.
- Cons — The product packaging is not eye-catching. The brand chooses to use an ethanol extraction process over the industry-preferred CO2 extraction method to obtain all of its hemp extracts. Customers have complained about the brand’s flimsy oil droppers.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — CBDistillery is a strong brand that cares about helping others through its clean, effective, quality CBD products. It’s also admirable that the brand has special cost-saving programs for those who need it. While the extraction method is not one of the more preferred methods, the brand is still highly transparent when it comes to all aspects of the CBD-creation process.
#7 Green Roads — Most Flavor Options
Laura Fuentes, a compound pharmacist, founded Green Roads back in 2013 as a way to help a close friend who was dealing with opioid addiction. Because she experienced success with this venture, she and her friend Arby decided to bring Green Roads into existence so that they could help others who were also struggling with the same addiction, or who were just simply seeking a safe, natural supplement.
Green Roads was founded before CBD oil exploded into popularity. The tiny team at Green Roads used grassroots efforts to get the word out about their newly-formed brand. They did this by helping friends and family members until the brand eventually began to be known by both the general public as well as the CBD industry. Green Roads then grew so popular that new team members had to be hired until the brand became something that everyone is familiar with today.
- Highlights — The brand uses vegetable glycerine and an array of carrier oils to create its CBD products. This both enhances product bioavailability and improves oil taste. Green Roads is a staunch believer in transparency. To that end, it uses Kaycha Labs, an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products. Like most other brands, Green Roads also uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its hemp extracts. The brand also crafts full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oils that come in an array of flavors and strengths.
- Source of Hemp — Green Roads’ hemp comes from farms in Oregon, North Carolina, and California where farmers employ organic farming methods.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand offers a 750mg Sweet Sleep Oil that contains CBD, CBD, and melatonin. Green Roads’ full-spectrum oils come in 300mg, 750mg, and 1500mg strengths.
- Lab Testing — Kaycha Labs, an independent third-party lab, regularly tests the brand’s products. Customers can find the reports by scanning the QR codes on every product that they purchase from Green Roads.
- Customer Service — Customers appear to be happy with the level of customer service that Green Roads offers. They are able to get a hold of the brand’s customer service department via a support email or live chat.
- Pros — The brand offers customers a wide array of products to choose from that have been thoroughly tested by a third-party lab. Green Roads’ oils are potent, clean, and come in a large selection of flavors and strengths.
- Cons — Even though having a large product option is great, it can feel overwhelming to some customers who are new to the world of CBD.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Green Roads adheres to a stringent set of standards when creating all of its products. While the price of the products may be somewhat expensive, the potency and quality of the products make up for that. Green Roads is a reputable brand that shows it cares about its customers’ health and wellbeing through the high-quality, potent products it creates.
#8 Hemp Bombs — Broad-Spectrum and Isolate Oils
Hemp Bombs first entered the CBD industry in 2016. The brand, which hails from Tampa, Florida, was founded by owners who understood that CBD had numerous benefits attributed to it. Since its inception, Hemp Bombs’ team has been dedicated to getting the word out about the natural wellness that CBD contains through each sale of its CBD oil, CBD gummies, and other premium CBD products. Every product the brand makes is crafted from high-quality industrial-grade hemp and manufactured in a state-of-the-art CBD facility that’s exclusively owned and operated by Hemp Bombs.
Hemp Bombs is always on the lookout for innovative ways to help customers use CBD in their everyday lives. The brand seeks to help customers work, exercise, travel, relax, and sleep better through the regular use of its top-shelf CBD products. Hemp Bombs’ CBD oils are broad-spectrum and do not contain any THC. Along with CBD oil drops, the brand also crafts capsules, topicals, vape liquids, gummies, and more.
- Highlights — All of the brand’s products are available to purchase online and in 25,000 brick and mortar stores around the United States. A few of Hemp Bombs’ more popular products include CBD oil, topicals, gummies, and capsules. The brand’s prices are affordable.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp comes from sustainable, environmentally conscious North Carolina farmlands. Once harvested, the hemp is tested for heavy metals, solvents, and mycotoxins. While the CO2 extraction method is the industry preferred way to obtain hemp extracts, Hemp Bombs’ prefers to use an ethanol alcohol method to obtain its extracts.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand’s oils come in 125mg, 300mg, 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg, and 5000mg strengths. The 125mg strength oil is offered in five flavor options and is a broad spectrum oil. The rest of the strengths are CBD isolate oils that come in six different flavors.
- Lab Testing — The brand hires Green Scientific Labs to regularly test all of its products for purity, quality, and consistency. The test results show levels of residual solvents, heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, microbes, mycotoxins, moisture, water activity, filth, and foreign material. The rest of the results show cannabinoid potency and terpene levels. All reports are able to be accessed by scanning the QR codes on any product that’s purchased. As an added bonus, Hemp Bombs’ also uses ACS Laboratory to confirm all of its lab results.
- Customer Service — Customers have confirmed that Hemp Bombs’ customer service department is highly responsive and attentive to their questions and concerns. They also love the speed at which the customer service department responds. Some customers, however, found that the brand’s customer service department did not thoroughly address their questions. Additionally, other customers felt the responses they received were a touch unfriendly.
- Pros — Hemp Bombs extensively tests all of its products, has a wide array of products to choose from, and partakes in scientific research studies that can benefit those who use CBD.
- Cons — Like a few of the other brands that were profiled, Hemp Bombs also uses the ethanol extraction method over the industry preferred CO2 method. Some other drawbacks are that the brand’s customer service department is not highly rated, Hemp Bombs’ website is not that user-friendly, and the brand’s products contain some low-quality ingredients.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Hemp Bombs is a reliable brand that makes interesting CBD products. The prices are fairly affordable, and customers appear to love Hemp Bombs’ CBD oils. Of concern is that some of the ingredients that the brand uses are not of the highest quality.
#9 NuLeaf Naturals — Most Potent
A group of plant medicine enthusiasts founded NuLeaf Naturals in 2014. The brand’s mission is to create high-quality CBD products that are natural, organic, and thoroughly lab-tested. NuLeaf Naturals’ industrial hemp is grown on licensed Colorado farms. Everyone at NuLeaf Naturals handles the CBD creation process from seed to sale. The team oversees the planting and growing of the hemp, manufacturing, and sale of the final product.
NuLeaf Naturals makes their CBD oils using whole plant extracts. The brand also stays away from anything synthetic in its product creation. NuLeaf Naturals uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain its hemp extracts. The brand regularly tests all of its products and those results are given to customers upon request. The brand’s CBD oils come in strengths ranging from 300mg to 6000mg.
- Highlights — NuLeaf Naturals’ organic hemp is grown in the United States using sustainable farming methods. The brand does not use any preservatives or additives in its CBD oils. NuLeaf Naturals’ products are available throughout the US and in 40 countries worldwide. The brand uses the CO2 extraction method to obtain all of its hemp extracts.
- Source of Hemp — NuLeaf Naturals sources its industrial hemp from licensed Colorado farms.
- About The CBD Oil — NuLeaf Naturals CBD oils range in strengths from 300mg to 6000mg. The brand uses whole plant extracts in all of its full-spectrum CBD oils.
- Lab Testing — NuLeaf Naturals favors transparency and uses a third-party lab to test all of its products to ensure their quality and safety. Lab reports can be accessed through a link on the product pages of the brand’s website. In these reports, customers will receive information on the cannabinoid profile, terpenes profile, and testing results for residual solvents, heavy metals, and pesticides.
- Customer Service — Customers really enjoy how friendly NuLeaf Naturals’ customer service department is. The customer service team quickly replies to complaints and questions, and they are also knowledgeable and are able to give customers any information they need to know.
- Pros — NuLeaf Naturals makes organic, full-spectrum CBD extracts. The brand has a strong reputation for being highly transparent with customers. NuLeaf Naturals uses a third-party lab to test its products, obtains its extracts from the industry’s preferred CO2 extraction method, and ships its products quickly to customers. NuLeaf Naturals also offers a 30-day, money-back return policy.
- Cons — NuLeaf Naturals only crafts full-spectrum products, so there are no THC-free options for customers. The price of the brand’s products is fairly expensive, and there is a definite lack of flavor variety in the CBD oils.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — NuLeaf Naturals has a small variety of CBD products. To that end, the brand focuses on creating organic, full-spectrum CBD to make sure that customers receive all of the potent benefits that cannabidiol has to offer. NuLeaf Naturals wants customers to get a guaranteed value for their money. One drawback is that the brand only sells full-spectrum oils, so customers will have to look elsewhere if they need broad-spectrum or CBD isolate oils.
#10 Lazarus Naturals — Sustainably Made
Ever since its start in 2014, Portland-based Lazarus Naturals has dedicated its mission to creating effective, affordable, top-shelf CBD products. As such, the brand firmly believes that CBD products should be widely accessible to everyone regardless of their circumstances. The entire Lazarus Naturals team works hard to put forth consistent and sustainable products for everyone to enjoy. The brand creates potent, effective, clean CBD products from seed to sale. Lazarus Naturals’ hemp is grown in central Oregon and is free from pesticides, herbicides, and other dangerous chemicals. The hemp is also non-GMO and USDA Certified Organic.
The brand thoroughly tests its plant material for heavy metals, pesticides, and level of potency. Lazarus Naturals makes effective full-spectrum oils in a standard 15mg strength per 1ml in 15ml, 60ml, and 120ml bottles. The brand also makes a high potency 50mg CBD oil per 1ml in 15ml, 60ml, and 120ml bottles, a French Mocha High Potency Tincture, and a Chocolate Mint High Potency CBD Tincture. Lazarus Naturals also crafts versions of its High Potency tinctures that do not contain any THC in them. These options come in flavors like natural, Winter Mint, and Blood Orange.
- Highlights — Lazarus Naturals carefully extracts all of the beneficial parts of the hemp plant using a special cryogenic ethanol extraction process. Next, the brand filters the extracts to make sure any impurities are thoroughly removed. The brand takes great pains to ensure that the facilities where its products are manufactured are cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) compliant. The brand also cares about sustainability through its use of recycled and biodegradable packaging materials. Lastly, Lazarus Naturals also personally fulfills every single order.
- Source of Hemp — Lazarus Naturals grows its hemp in central Oregon. The hemp is free from herbicides, pesticides, and other harmful chemicals. All of the brand’s hemp is non-GMO and is USDA Certified Organic.
- About The CBD Oil — Lazarus Naturals’ oils come in a natural earthy flavor. Moreover, all oils are natural, vegan, and gluten-free. The brand’s tinctures are full-spectrum and contain 50mg of CBD for every 1ml of the oil. The oil sizes and strengths are as follows: 15ml contains 750mg of CBD, 60ml contains 3000mg of CBD, and 120ml contains 6000mg of CBD.
- Lab Testing — Lazarus Naturals uses Columbia Laboratories, an independent third-party lab, to test every batch of its products for heavy metals, solvents, pesticides, microbes, and potency. Those results are then easy for customers to find through the “Test Results” tab on all of the brand’s product pages.
- Customer Service — Customers are consistently pleased with how Lazarus Naturals’ customer service team handles all of their questions and concerns. The brand believes in transparency, and so the customer service team also adheres to that belief.
- Pros — The product prices for Lazarus Naturals are reasonable, which may appear to look lower than most other reputable brands when considering the brand’s high product quality. The brand also offers both full-spectrum and isolate CBD products, while also having a nice variety when it comes to product selection.
- Cons — Lazarus Naturals uses an ethanol extraction method to obtain its hemp extracts over the industry-preferred CO2 extraction method.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Lazarus Naturals is a strong reputable brand that puts forth high-quality products at reasonable prices. The brand has a nice product variety and offers two types of CBD — full-spectrum and CBD isolate — so customers who want to stay away from products with THC in them can. Lazarus Naturals is extremely transparent and uses an independent third-party lab to test all of its products for potency and quality. Those lab reports are then made easy for customers to find. Lastly, the brand works hard to ensure that its customers are getting the very best, cleanest, and most potent CBD oils available.
Is CBD legal to Buy online?
According to the 2018 Farm Bill , CBD derived from hemp was legalized across all 50 states. According to that same bill, all hemp-derived CBD products must contain 0.3% or less THC in order to be bought and sold in the United States. Since the hemp plant is naturally bred to contain low levels of THC, you will be hard-pressed to find hemp-based CBD products with elevated levels of THC in them. Marijuana, however, naturally contains high levels of THC.
You should also be made aware that each state has its own laws regarding CBD products, and as such, you should absolutely look into them. Likewise, if you will be traveling anytime soon, you should do some research into the state you’re traveling to as well as the states you’ll be passing through if you plan on taking your CBD oil along with you for the ride. In general, it’s a good idea to learn what the laws are regarding CBD for your state as well as neighboring states.
Full-Spectrum vs Broad Spectrum vs Isolate: What’s the Difference?
If you are just starting to enter into the realm of CBD products, then you might be confused about some things. For example, you might not know that there are three main varieties of CBD products, or that those varieties each have their own sets of benefits and compositions.
Full-Spectrum CBD Oils
Full-Spectrum CBD products carry the most benefits because they contain CBD, THC, and all of the rest of the beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients of the hemp plant. Because these products are made from hemp, they naturally contain 0.3% or less THC. For those who might not have an understanding of the two main cannabinoids in both the hemp and marijuana plant, we will go into some brief detail about CBD, or cannabidiol, and THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. THC and CBD work together in a synergistic way. This means that they both dampen each other’s negative effects while boosting each other’s positive qualities — this is called the entourage effect . And while THC in large amounts can cause that familiar euphoric “high” sensation, since hemp-derived CBD oils have 0.3% or less THC, there is no way that anyone can get high from using them.
Courtesy of Smarter CBD
When all of the cannabinoids are present in a full-spectrum oil, they positively interact with the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system . The CB1 receptors are found in the central nervous system, while the CB2 receptors are located in the peripheral nervous system. The body’s endocannabinoid system helps to regulate various systems and functions so that the body can return to and maintain a state of homeostasis, or balance. The body’s endocannabinoids are anandamide, or AEA, and 2-arachidonoylglycerol, or 2-AG. These are very similar to cannabinoids, except that they are produced by the human body. The body produces endocannabinoids as it needs them in order to help it function smoothly. Full-spectrum oils can, however, sometimes cause a false positive to appear on drug tests. Therefore, you should take this into consideration if you’re subjected to regular drug testing.
Broad-Spectrum CBD Oils
Broad-spectrum CBD oils are very much the same as full-spectrum oils except they don’t contain any THC. All of the THC has been filtered out of these oils. So, if you have concerns over THC or are worried about potentially failing a drug test, then these oils are the next best option. With broad-spectrum oils, you’ll still be able to receive all of the benefits of the hemp plant’s cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients, but without any of the THC. If you’re concerned that broad-spectrum oils won’t engage with the body’s endocannabinoid system, don’t be. There are other cannabinoids, like CBG, or cannabigerol, that will still engage with and have a positive effect on, the body’s endocannabinoid system . While research is still new on CBG, studies show that it is one of the most important cannabinoids in the hemp plant . In fact, it’s often called “the mother of all cannabinoids” because it has the potential to help many health issues including diabetes , arthritis, Huntington’s Disease, and others.
CBD isolate oils contain 99% pure CBD. There are no other cannabinoids, phytonutrients, or terpenes in them. The other plant materials are filtered out using a special system so that only pure CBD remains. While CBD isolate oils do not cause an entourage effect due to the lack of THC, the CBD will still engage with the endocannabinoid system. In other words, there are still benefits to using CBD isolate oils.
Things to Consider When Looking for CBD Oil Near Me
When you’re looking to purchase CBD oil, most people begin searching for retailers that are close to their homes. In reality, a brick-and-mortar store might not be the best option. Even though going to a local retailer is easy, fast, and convenient, you’ll be missing out on all of the extra information that you will find by shopping for CBD oil online. When you look for a reputable CBD brand online , you’ll be able to take the time to look deeply into the brand’s reputation, read verified customer reviews, explore products, research hemp sources, and so much more. Moreover, you will be able to take the time to thoroughly review any and all independent third-party lab reports that the brand publishes on its website. All reputable brands use an independent lab to test their products for both potency and purity. Those reports should then be easy for customers to find either because the brand posts them on its website, includes them with any products that are purchased, or mails them out to customers through requests that are made.
Cheap vs Premium CBD Oil
If you’re in the market for CBD oil, you might be tempted to go with an oil that’s easier on your pocketbook. The old adage “you get what you pay for,” comes to mind here. Just because CBD oil is sold at a lower price doesn’t mean that it’s of the best quality. Sadly, many non-reputable CBD brands cut corners and/or use non-preferred methods to obtain all of their hemp extracts. Because of that, even though you’re saving money on CBD oil, you also might be getting a product that is laden with pesticides, herbicides, solvents, or other harmful chemicals. In your research, look carefully at the prices of reputable brands. Their products are specifically priced the way they are because of the top-notch industry-preferred methods and ingredients that are used to create their CBD oils.
Courtesy of Smarter CBD
How to Find a Trusted Online CBD Brand
Finding a trusted CBD oil brand doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, as long as you take the time and effort to research a handful of brands, you’ll quickly find out which ones are worth spending your valuable time and money on. The top ten brands that we’ve profiled in this guide are an excellent place to begin.
All trusted online CBD brands should:
- Use an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products
- Use organic ingredients in its products
- Have a wealth of verified customer reviews
- Use organic hemp from within the United States
- Have a responsive customer service department
Mistakes To Avoid When Buying CBD Oil
The mistakes to avoid when buying CBD oil are simple. Some of the major things to avoid are as follows:
- Cheaply priced products
- Brands that do not use third-party labs to test their products
- Brands that do not give third-party lab reports to customers
- Brands with no verified customer reviews, or that do not have any reviews at all
- Brands whose hemp sources do not seem clean or legitimate
- Brands with a poorly working customer service department
- Brands that do not have some type of money-back guarantee
Benefits of Using CBD Oil
CBD oil has a host of benefits that are associated with it. Many scientific studies have found that CBD oil can:
- Calm Pain — Because CBD oil interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it can help regulate sleep, appetite, pain, and immune system functioning. Scientists have discovered that CBD can help lower chronic pain by reducing inflammation and positively interacting with the body’s neurotransmitters. In fact, many people opt for higher CBD oil strengths because they do a better job at tackling tough chronic and acute pain .
- Lower Anxiety and Depression — Many Americans are turning to holistic methods to help treat their anxiety and depression. Surprisingly, CBD has demonstrated antidepressant qualities in many animal studies . Moreover, when you purchase CBD oil from a reputable brand, you’ll have a better chance at calming down the symptoms associated with anxiety and depression because the oil will be potent, pure, and effective.
- Can Help Calm Issues Arising From Cancer — Studies showed that CBD helped to both calm pain and reduce nausea in patients diagnosed with cancer.
- May Help Those with Neurological Conditions — Scientists think that because CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system, that it can also offer benefits to those who struggle with neurological disorders. Interestingly, one study found that CBD helped to lower the number of seizures in people with epilepsy .
- May Help to Lower High Blood Pressure — High blood pressure has been linked with medical conditions such as strokes and heart attacks. One recent study found that CBD oil helped to reduce the resting blood pressure in nine healthy men. That same study also discovered that when the men were given stress tests designed to elevate blood pressure, a single dose of CBD oil helped the men to only experience a small blood pressure rise.
- Can Help to Ease Insomnia and Promote Sleep — Typically, poor sleep can be caused by anxiety, depression, certain medications, too much caffeine intake, various physical conditions like restless leg syndrome, among other things. CBD oil can help quell insomnia and promote sleep by getting to the root causes of insomnia. In fact, CBD oils show promising results when they’re taken consistently at the same time every day. While CBD oil can help with sleep and insomnia , it takes time to feel the long-term effects, so patience is advised. Additionally, using pure and potent oils from reputable brands can also increase your chances of a better night’s sleep.
How To Use CBD Oil
Learning how to use CBD oil is quite simple. The main thing to remember is that the same dose will not work best for everyone. Because everyone’s body is different, you have to find the dose that works the best for you. Likewise, when starting to take CBD oil , you should always start low and go slow.
For example, if you’ve purchased FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oil in 600mg, then you should begin by taking ½ a dropper full of oil once a day. This should equal about 10mg of CBD oil. Stay with this dose for about a week before checking in to see how your body feels. If you feel that you need to increase your dosage, then move up to ½ a dropper full twice a day. This will equal 10mg of oil twice a day, or 20mg of oil a day. Stay with this dose for another week before checking in with your body again. Continue on with this pattern until you have found the best dose for your health and wellness needs.
Courtesy of Smarter CBD
Consistency is key with taking CBD oil. You should aim to take the oil around the same time each and every day. The oil is more effective that way. Likewise, you should also try to have some food in your stomach before taking CBD oil. When taking CBD oil, it should be dropped sublingually and held there for 60-seconds. This helps the CBD to be better absorbed into your bloodstream through the thin membranes under your tongue. You should begin to feel the effects of CBD oil anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes.
Finally, your health issues and wellness needs will help to determine the strength of the CBD oil you choose. Strengths like 300mg and 600mg are great to help support general health, while 1200mg and 2400mg are perfect for tougher medical issues like chronic pain and insomnia. Remember, you can always increase the strength of your CBD oil if you feel that the dosage is no longer working for you after an extended period of time.
Can CBD Oil Make Me High?
The short answer to this question is no. The longer answer is that because the hemp plant is bred to contain 0.3% or less THC, there is no possible way that anyone can get “high” off of hemp-derived full-spectrum CBD oils. You can, however, get high from any oils that were made from the marijuana plant, as it naturally contains larger amounts of THC.
Does CBD Show Up on a Drug Test?
Typically, CBD is not routinely screened for in drug tests. When people are worried about failing drug tests, they are worried that THC will show up on them. If you have been using full-spectrum CBD products, testing positive on a drug test will largely depend on:
- Whether or not the test is specifically screening for THC
- The purity of the CBD product
- If the CBD oil was made from hemp or marijuana
- When was the CBD used and how much was taken
- How the CBD was used — edible, oil, vape
If you have concerns over whether or not you could fail a drug test, have an upcoming drug test as part of a job interview, or are routinely drug tested as part of your employment, then you can still purchase broad-spectrum CBD oils, as these do not contain any THC.
What are the side effects?
CBD is considered safe and is fairly well tolerated among many people. There are, however, some minor side effects that are associated with it. Studies found that some of the side effects associated with CBD are:
- Changes in weight
- Changes in appetite
CBD can also interact with prescription medications. If you’re taking a drug that has a grapefruit warning on it, then you should talk with the prescribing physician before adding CBD into your existing supplement regimen. CBD and grapefruit interfere with specific enzymes that are vital to drug metabolism. Both CBD and grapefruit can cause too much of certain prescription medications to enter into the bloodstream, which can lead to liver toxicity. Therefore, it’s important that you discuss CBD with your primary care physician before starting a regimen on your own.
Final Thoughts on CBD Oil for Sale
CBD oil has been proven to have a multitude of benefits. And even though it’s great to visit the local CBD store down the road, purchasing CBD oil from an online brand affords you the time to deeply research both the brand as well as the product. Even though we’ve profiled our top ten brands for where to buy CBD oil, ultimately, it’s up to you to take the time to research topics like hemp source, third-party lab reports, extraction process, brand reputation, verified customer reviews, and customer service department performance so that you can find the very best CBD oil for all of your health and wellness needs. From our top ten list, it’s easy to see why FAB CBD is our number one choice for the top brand to purchase CBD oil from because of positive verified customer reviews, top-shelf ingredients, its phenomenal and caring customer service department, and because everyone at FAB CBD wants customers to have the very best experience possible.
As with any new addition to your holistic supplement regimen, if you have any questions or concerns about incorporating CBD into your life, you should never hesitate to reach out to your primary care physician or healthcare specialist. A host of new people are now discovering what so many regular CBD oil users have known for years: that CBD oil can be an amazing and natural way to help support general health while helping to alleviate some of the more difficult symptoms from various medical conditions. But, in order to take advantage of all of the benefits that CBD oil has to offer, you have to be diligent in your research of where to find the best places to purchase your CBD oil from.